You need a strong heart to lead a long and healthy life. Eating a varied diet, exercising, and staying away from smoking can help keep your heart strong. Unfortunately, lifestyle habits, genetics, or accidents can lead to heart problems. Across the globe, heart disease is considered to be a leading cause of death.
The complex organ in the human body is the heart. This is why heart doctors exist to help patients maintain the heart with good health as there are many types of heart conditions. Heart disease or disorders can affect anyone starting from young to old.
Seeing an interventional cardiologist can help you manage complex cardiac conditions as they have a thorough understanding of dealing with the issues related to the heart and blood vessels. The best interventional cardiologist in Chennai – Dr. Kathiresan at MK Heart Clinic is specialized in using marginally or minimally invasive procedures to aid heart patients to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Education: MBBS, MD – General Medicine, DM – Cardiology Interventional Cardiologist.
Experience of 24 years in these fields (13 years as a specialist).
Address: 40, 52, 100 Feet Rd, opp. to Tanishq Jewellery, Periyar Nagar, Velaachery, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600042.
Available Time: Open Monday – Friday: 6AM – 9:30PM | Saturday: 9AM – 1PM | Sunday: Closed
Also, they provide advanced treatments for cardiovascular disease or anomalies of the heart using nonsurgical, catheter-based procedures and specialized imaging techniques.
Approaching the best cardiologist in Chennai can help you prevent heart disease and its complications like heart attack or heart failure as they are highly skilled in treating the patients significantly.
Reasons to Consult an Interventional Cardiologist
You should seek comprehensive care from the interventional before it becomes an emergency. The best interventional cardiologist in Chennai will likely refer you when there are concerns like:
- You have signs or symptoms like chest pain which can move into your jaws, neck, arm or shoulders, palpitations, dizziness, shortness of breath, etc.
- You can approach the best heart doctor in Chennai if you have changes in your electrocardiogram (ECG) test indicating coronary artery blockage.
- You have a form of heart disorder that requires sophisticated care such as heart attack, heart valve disease, or unstable angina.
- You have to undergo specialized heart treatment procedures from the best cardiologist doctor in Chennai including angioplasty, cardiac catheterization, and heart valve repair.
Conditions and Diseases Treated
The best interventional cardiologist in Chennai will diagnose and treat conditions of the heart and the blood vessels including:
|Angina||A type of chest pain that is usually caused by the narrowing of the arteries.|
|Arrhythmia||An abnormal heart rhythm is where your heart beats too slow, too fast, or irregularly.|
|Congenital heart defects||It is present at breath including patent foramen ovale and atrial septal defect.|
|Myocarditis||Inflammation of the heart.|
|Heart valve disorder||Abnormalities of the heart valves ensure blood flow in one direction through the heart.|
|Heart failure||It occurs when your heart is too weak to pump the required blood to your body.|
|Heart attack||It is a myocardial infarction that occurs when a portion of the heart muscle is deprived of oxygen-rich blood and leads to death.|
Diagnostic Tests Performed by an Interventional Cardiologist
A patient can expect the following diagnostic procedures when they visit the best heart doctor in Chennai. These include:
- The best interventional cardiologist in Chennai will evaluate a patient’s medical history and educate the patient regarding heart health and preventive measures to overcome heart disease or underlying conditions.
- A physical exam is performed which includes the evaluation of blood pressure and vital signs; weight; besides checking the health of the heart, lungs, and blood vessels
- General health tests are taken by the best interventional cardiologist in Chennai which includes the chest x-ray, complete blood count (CBC), blood sugar (glucose) test, cholesterol panel, thyroid hormone tests, and liver and kidney function tests.
- Laboratory and imaging tests are performed wherein the best cardiologist in Chennai will prescribe medications based on the patient’s age and condition of the heart disease.
- Diagnosing and treating acute and chronic diseases along with conditions that affect the heart and blood vessels, including angina, arrhythmias, coronary heart disease, and heart attacks will take place.
- Screening, and monitoring the conditions are carried out to help you understand the risks of heart disease, such as smoking, hypertension, and high cholesterol. For some complex risks, such as having diabetes, the best interventional cardiologist in Chennai will provide referrals to other experts such as an endocrinologist.
- Cardiac enzyme tests are taken to determine if the heart is damaged and cardiac stress tests are taken to determine if your heart has a decreased supply of blood due to coronary artery disease.
- Sometimes, the best interventional cardiologist in Chennai will perform an echocardiogram (ultrasound) to look at the structure and function of the heart.
- EKG which is the ECG or electrocardiogram is taken by the best interventional cardiologist in Chennai to record the heart rhythm or palpitations if any.
Therapeutic Procedures Handled by an Interventional Cardiologist
An interventional cardiologist will perform a variety of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, including:
- Alcohol septal ablation: This is a catheter-based procedure that is used in a non-surgical way to treat hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, a thickening of the heart muscle. During the treatment procedure, the best interventional cardiologist in Chennai will inject ethanol alcohol into a small artery that supplies blood to the thickened part of the heart muscle, to cause the cells to die and shrink the diseased tissue.
- Angioplasty: A balloon or stent-like device is used to open a blocked artery and restore blood flow. It includes balloon angioplasty and cutting balloon angioplasty which is often a daycare procedure.
- Cardiac catheterization: A thin, hollow tube called a catheter is inserted into a large blood vessel to determine if a patient has a disease of the heart valves, heart muscle, or coronary arteries.
- Carotid artery stenting: This minimally invasive stenting procedure is used by the best interventional cardiologist in Chennai to open a narrowed or blocked carotid artery to increase the heart’s blood flow and reduce the risk of a heart attack.
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR): This endoscopic heart procedure is used by the best cardiology doctor in Chennai to replace a narrowed aortic valve that doesn’t open or close correctly, resulting in aortic valve stenosis.
The Best Interventional Cardiologist in Chennai
- Dr. M. Kathiresan at MK Heart Clinic is the best interventional Cardiologist in Chennai who has more than two decades of experience in the field to treat various heart disorders.
- He has performed a greater number of complex heart surgeries for young and old patients providing a successful outcome.
- His comprehensive services include Electrocardiography (ECG), Treadmill Test – TMT, 2D – Echocardiography (2D-Echo), Dobutamine Stress Test, BP Monitoring, Colour Doppler, Temporary Pacemaker, Left Main Stenting, Primary Angioplasties, Renal Angioplasties, Radial Angioplasties, and Echocardiogram, Balloon Mitral Valvotomy, etc.
- Moreover, this best interventional cardiologist in Chennai upgrades himself with cutting-edge techniques to treat heart patients to improve their quality of life and lead a normal lifestyle.
Thus, if you want a high-quality treatment for your heart disorders or condition from the best interventional cardiologist in Chennai, approaching Dr. M. Kathiresan at MK Heart Clinic would be the best choice because you can get all that your heart needs in one place.