Peripheral interventions refer to minimally invasive procedures that treat conditions in the peripheral veins and arteries, such as the legs, arms, neck, and abdomen. In this blog, we will discuss the types of peripheral interventions offered at MK Heart Clinic and the best Peripheral Interventions treatment in Chennai, their effectiveness, and a step-by-step guide to the procedure.
Types of Peripheral Interventions Offered in Chennai
MK Heart Clinic offers the best Peripheral Interventions treatment in Chennai that includes various techniques used to treat conditions affecting the peripheral veins and arteries. Some of the commonly offered peripheral interventions are:
- Angioplasty: Peripheral angiography is a procedure that uses a small balloon catheter to open up blocked or narrowed arteries.
- Atherectomy: A procedure that uses a rotating blade or laser to remove plaque or fatty deposits from the walls of blood vessels.
- Thrombectomy: A procedure that involves removing a blood clot from a peripheral vein or artery.
- Embolisations: A procedure that involves blocking blood flow to a specific area, such as a tumor, by injecting a substance into the blood vessels leading to that area.
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty: Procedures used to treat vertebral fractures, which are common in people with osteoporosis.
- Stenting: A procedure that involves inserting a metal mesh stent into a peripheral vein or artery to keep it open.
Peripheral Interventions Treatment in Chennai
Peripheral interventions are highly effective in treating conditions affecting the peripheral veins and arteries. MK Heart Clinic being the best Peripheral Interventions treatment in Chennai offers several benefits compared to traditional surgical methods, including less pain, shorter recovery times, and fewer complications.
In addition, peripheral interventions have a high success rate, with patients reporting significant improvements in their quality of life and daily activities.
Peripheral Intervention Procedure in Chennai here at MK Heart Clinic
Here is a step-by-step guide to what you can expect at MK Heart Clinic the best Peripheral Interventions treatment in Chennai:
- Pre-procedure preparation: You will be asked to undergo a series of tests to determine the best treatment options. You will also be instructed to fast for several hours before the procedure.
- During the procedure: The peripheral intervention procedure typically takes less than an hour. You will be given a local anesthetic to numb the area, and a catheter will be inserted into the peripheral vein or artery through a small incision.
- After the procedure: After the procedure, you will be monitored for a few hours to ensure that there are no complications. You may need to rest for a few days to allow for proper healing.
- Pain management and recovery: Pain management during recovery will be based on your individual needs. In most cases, over-the-counter pain medications are enough to manage pain, but prescription pain medication may also be necessary. You will also be given instructions on how to care for the incision site and when to return for follow-up appointments.
Peripheral angiography and other peripheral intervention treatment are done when there are any issues with peripheral veins and arteries, such as the legs, arms, neck, and abdomen. These Peripheral interventions are highly effective options for treating conditions affecting the peripheral veins and arteries. They offer several benefits compared to traditional surgical methods, including less pain, shorter recovery times, and fewer complications.